Who we are
This site is operated by WatchesOrigins.com .
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Microsoft AdvertisingPersonal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- Google Analytics and Google Ads conversion trackingPersonal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- Commercial affiliation
- CJ Affiliate by ConversantPersonal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- Contacting the User
- Contact formPersonal Data: date of birth; email address; first name; last name; phone number
- Mailing List or NewsletterPersonal Data: Cookies; date of birth; email address; first name; gender; last name; Usage Data
- Phone contactPersonal Data: phone number
- Content performance and features testing (A/B testing)
- Visual Website OptimizerPersonal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- Handling payments
- Hosting and backend infrastructure
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms
- Facebook Like button and social widgetsPersonal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- Interaction with live chat platforms
- LiveChat WidgetPersonal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- Registration and authentication
- Remarketing and behavioral targeting
- Facebook Remarketing and Twitter RemarketingPersonal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- Purchases and orders made by you;
- Your social media handles;
- Your online browsing activities on any of our websites including what items you store in your shopping bag;
- Your password(s) that are stored with us;
- Information about the device you use to browse our websites including the IP address and the device type;
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and competition and survey responses;
- Your location;
- Your correspondence and communications with us;
and other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as Instagram, YouTube, Twitter or public Facebook page.
How we use your data and why?
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To make a tailored website available to you;
- To manage any account(s) you hold with us;
- To verify your identity;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- To contact you electronically about promotional offers, events, products and services which we think may interest you;
- For analysis, insight and market research purposes to better understand your needs and ensure we are giving you what you like;
- To administer competitions and identify and contact competition winners;
- To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use some analytics services in order to provide you with the best experience possible while using our site:
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
Google Ads conversion tracking (Google Inc.)
Google Ads conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Google Inc. that connects data from the Google Ads advertising network with actions performed on this Application.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
Who we share your data with
We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as aggregated user statistics, in our discretion and without restriction.
A. INTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
WatchesOrigins.com may, and reserves the right to, share your information with any other company that is not presently, but becomes, a WatchesOrigins.com parent, subsidiary, or affiliate.
You may be presented with an opportunity to receive information and/or marketing offers from WATCHES.COM and our affiliated businesses, partners and agents. If you agree at that time to receive such communications, your Personal Information will be disclosed to that third party (or parties). For more information, please refer to the Marketing Communications section.
B. EXTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
Third Party Service Providers
We may share personal information with third party service providers in connection with the performance of services to, or on behalf of, ” WatchesOrigins.com” and the Websites, including to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to WatchesOrigins.com .
We may also share Information when we work with businesses, partners or agents to develop a direct relationship with you or in connection with the Referral Program.
These service providers may store or use your information outside of the EU or United States.
Third Party Payment Processing
We may share some of your info with one or more of our payment processing vendors.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
ou have several choices regarding the use of information on our Websites and services:
A. ACCESSING, UPDATING, CORRECTING OR DELETING INFORMATION
You can review, request access to, update, correct or delete your Personal Information by contacting us at [email protected] .
You may request deletion of your Personal information by contacting us and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain information for fraud prevention or similar purposes. Also, note that we may need to delete your user account in order to delete your Personal Information.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. If you contact us with changes, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Note, however, that information may persist internally for our administrative purposes and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
B. OPTING OUT
Where we send your data
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary to share your personal information outside of our internal database. This will typically occur when third party service providers are needed in order to fulfill your service. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws. If we transfer your personal information to any third party, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to assess the laws and practises of the destination country and relevant service provider and the security measures that are to be taken as regards the data in the overseas location; Alternatively, we use standard data protection clauses.
How we protect your data
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of information, and our Data Retention Policy sets out the length of time we will usually retain personal data and where these default periods might be changed.
In summary, various laws, accounting and regulatory requirements applicable to us require us to retain certain records for specific amounts of time. In relation to your personal data, we will hold this only for so long as we require that personal data for legal or regulatory reasons or for legitimate organisational purposes and we will not keep your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collect them.
The security measurements that we take
WatchesOrigins.com is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- Encryption of data;
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- Regular planning to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- Daily penetration testing of systems;
- Security controls which protect the our IT systems infrastructure and our premises from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- Internal policies setting out our data security rules for our personnel.
- Regular training for our employees.
WatchesOrigins.com uses commercially reasonable security measures to safeguard the Personal Information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, please note that no system can be completely secure and WatchesOrigins.com does not ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect. You use our Websites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
What third parties we receive data from
- Authorize.Net (Authorize.Net)
- PayPal (PayPal Inc.)
- Amazon Payments & Web Services (Amazon)
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
In order to improve your shopping experience with us, when you visit any of our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing websites of other companies. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to your browsing activity on our websites from your computer or other devices.
These advertisements are provided by us via external market leading specialist providers using ‘cookies’ placed on your computer or other devices.
We may collect data directly from you, as well as analysing your browsing and purchasing activity, both online and in store, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allow us to ensure that we contact you with information on products, services, events and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated decision-making including profiling).
We may do this to decide what marketing communications are suitable for you and this activity is based on our legitimate interests to develop and improve our products and services for you.
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.